2nd LBRN-LONI Scientific Computing Bootcamp
|2nd LBRN-LONI Scientific Computing Bootcamp||May 27 - 29 2019||800 AM - 500 PM||PFT ROOM 1236|
HPC@LSU will hold the 2nd LBRN-LONI Scientific Computing Bootcamp on May 27 - 29 in Patrick F. Taylor Hall (PFT), Room 1236 at LSU, Baton Rouge, LA.
Scientific computing is becoming more ubiquitous for all types of research areas. Skills and knowledge that are necessary to take full advantage of the power of computing, however, are often inadequately present in both curricular and extracurricular training. The purpose of this workshop is, by both presentation and hands-on experiences, to help attendants understand the usage of popular scientific computing programming tools and prepare for their future computational study and research career.
In two days the attendants will learn:
- Practical knowledge about scientific computing and command line interface of Linux
- The basics of Python programming language and using it in scientific computing
- Introduction to R programming language with its applications
Note: This tentative Schedule is subject to change.
All sessions below include a hands-on session.
- May 27: Introduction to Scientific Computing and Python Basics
Time Topic 8:00 - 8:30 Registration 8:30 - 12:00 Computing Environment Setup and Introduction to Scientific Computing Bootcamp Repository Recordings 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 Python Basics Recordings
- May 28: Scientific Computing with Python, Introduction to Deep Learning
Time Topic 8:00 - 12:00 Scientific Computing with Python <Recordings Not Available> 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 Introduction to Deep Learning Recordings
- May 29: Introduction to R and Data Mining with R
Time Topic 8:00 - 12:00 Introduction to R Recordings 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 Data Mining with R Recordings
Registration opens: 25th April 2019 @ 12:00.
Registration deadline: 27th May 2019 @ 12:00.
Please complete the registration form below.