LSU Information Technology Services, LSU Center for Computation & Technology and Louisiana Optical Network Initiative (LONI) are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual High Performance Computing (HPC) User Symposium from 6pm on June 12'th through 5pm on June 13'th. The Symposium will consists of a series of invited talks and a poster session discussing research using HPC systems. The symposium is open to all, with the hope of engendering cross-discipline communication and exchange of methods and experiences.
This is an opportunity for the user community to come together and share experiences and methods. Anyone interested in HPC is more than welcome to come by and find out how HPC systems are utilized in research at LONI member institutions. Campus researchers will be invited to give general interest talks on their involvement with HPC research. In addition, a few graduate and undergraduate students will be selected to present a short, 15-30 minutes talks on their work.
LSU Energy, Coast and Environment Building Rotunda Lobby and Auditorium
Detailed Schedule Coming Soon
|June 12th, 2013: Rotunda Lobby, Energy, Coast and Environment Building|
|6:00PM - 8:00PM||Registration, Poster Presentation|
|June 13th, 2013: Dalton J. Woods Auditorium, Energy, Coast and Environment Building|
|8:00AM - 8:20AM||Registration|
|8:20AM - 8:30AM||Opening Remarks: Samuel P. White, HPC@LSU|
|8:30AM - 9:00AM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|9:00AM - 9:30AM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|9:30AM - 10:00AM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|10:00AM - 10:15AM||Break|
|10:15AM - 10:45AM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|10:45AM - 11:15AM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|11:15AM - 11:45AM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|11:45AM - 12:00AM||Student Speakers TBD|
|12:00PM - 1:00PM||Lunch|
|1:00PM - 1:30PM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|1:30PM - 2:00PM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|2:00PM - 2:30PM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|2:30PM - 2:45PM||Student Speakers TBD|
|2:45PM - 3:00PM||Break|
|3:00PM - 3:30PM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|3:30PM - 4:00PM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|4:00PM - 4:30PM||Invited Speakers TBD|
|4:30PM - 4:45PM||Student Speakers TBD|
|4:45PM - 5:00PM||Closing Remarks: James A. Lupo, LSU CCT|
Book of Abstracts
Book of Abstracts will be posted here when ready. Please feel free to download the Book of Abstracts for the 2012 HPC User Symposium.
Templates: Please consider using the templates provided for your abstracts, this will ensure uniformity in the Book of Abstracts. See PDF's of template for final version that will appear in the Book of Abstracts.
- LaTeX:(all authors from same department and institution) (TeX) (PDF)
- LaTeX:(authors from different department/institution) (TeX) (PDF)
- Microsoft Word: (DOC) (PDF)
- LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org: (ODT) (PDF)
- Feng Chen, HPC@LSU
- James A. Lupo, LSU CCT
- Alexander B. Pacheco, HPC@LSU
- Bhupender Thakur, HPC@LSU
- Kathryn Traxler, LSU CCT
- Samuel P. White, HPC@LSU
- Le Yan, HPC@LSU
Scientific Advisory Committee
- Michal Brylinski, Louisiana State University
- Henry Chu, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Ricardo Cortez, Tulane University
- Juana Moreno, Louisiana State University
- Bala "Ramu" Ramachandran, Louisiana Tech University
Symposium Support Staff
- Terrie Bordelon, LSU CCT
- Jennifer Fontenot, LSU CCT
- Karen Jones, LSU CCT
- Phoenix MacAiodh, LSU CCT
- Susie McGlone, LSU CCT
There are limited travel funds available for attending the Symposium and Workshops. All participants traveling to Baton Rouge for attending the Symposium and Workshops will be considered for travel awards provided:
- Register for the Symposium and
- Submit an abstract for poster or oral presentation by May 27th, 2013.
Priority will be given first to participants who are presenting (poster or oral) at the Symposium and then to participants who are attending the workshops held preceeding and following the symposium.
Special thanks to the following for their generous support of the HPC User Symposium 2013 and LONI Parallel Programming Workshop.
- Board of Regents, State of Louisiana.
- Information Technology Services, Louisiana State University.
- Center for Computation and Technology, Louisiana State University.
- Louisiana Optical Network Initiative (LONI)
- School of the Coast & Environment, Louisiana State University.
- Xavier University of Louisiana
Please upload an one-page asbtract in the field provided by Noon on June 7, 2013,
Accepted formats are .tex, .pdf, .doc, .docx and .odt.
If you are using a customized style file for LaTeX, please convert to pdf and upload the pdf file.
Files should have the naming convention lastname_firstname.extension.
Maximum file size is 2MB.
Click here to upload abstract or travel proposal
- Presenting: May 27, 2013,
- General Audience, On site registration available.
Map of 2013 HPC Week Event Locations
View 2013 HPC Week Event Locations in a larger map