Note: As of November 8, 2010, frame 0 (14 Power5 nodes) was removed and not part of Pelican anymore.
Pelican is a 16 node IBM pSeries (Power 5+) cluster running the AIX operating system. 16 IBM Power5+ 575 nodes are coupled with high perormance switch interconnects suitable for parallel computing while others are isolated machines suitable for interactive use or the execution of sequential programs. Pelican has been designed to allow machines to change roles as user demands change and as more computational resources become available.
- 16 Power5+ Parallel Computing Nodes (p575)
- 16 IBM Power5+ 1.9 GHz processors
- 32 GB RAM
- 1 IBM High Performance (Federation) Switch network interface
- 4 1Gb Ethernet network interfaces
- 2 10/100 Ethernet network interfaces
- AIX 5.3
- Cluster Storage
- 1 TB IBM GPFS home storage
- 19 TB IBM GPFS work storage
Last modified: November 08 2012 14:44:52.