Meeting Agenda for 20050615
- Request Tracking: E-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will now create a help ticket. This will help us to better keep track of which issues are resolved and who is resolving them. This should result in a more pleasant computing experience for the consultants and users. There is a catch, though, you have to keep your ldap information (email addresses) up to date.
- Panasas - You now have: /panasas/scratch/$LOGNAME. It is currently configured for only 2TB. Panasas is a high speed storage system -- up to 500 MB/sec in our tests.
- Project Based Accounting - We are going to start tracking SU's (1 SU = 1 hour on 1 processor). Allocations will need to be applied for. A transition is planned where users are given a certain amount of free SU's. Additional SU's will need to be applied for. The details are sketchy, so please stay tuned.
- Nemeaux is being updated. It will finally have 32 nodes. The operating system is being upgraded to Tiger, OS X 10.4.
- New utilities - elpasswd, elchsh, elchfn to update ldap password, shell, or finger information. These are available on the headnodes in /usr/local/bin. There are man pages too!
- New software installed - gfortran, gcc-4.0.0. What software do we need?
- New software documentation - . Please tell us what is wrong/missing.
Back to Users
Back to Users' Meetings