Meeting Agenda for 20050816
- New machine arrived: Sgi Prism. It a shared memory machine with 32 processors and 128 gigs of ram. Hopefully it will be ready for general use prior to the next user's meeting.
- Our own Yaakoub El-Khamra has generously agreed to provide you with a 20 minute demonstration of Totalview, a debugging tool available on Mike.
- Papi, a system for monitoring hardware performance counters, is installed and functional. See http://icl.cs.utk.edu/papi/
- Helix upgrade to be compatible with Mike. Currently you can log in to either helix1 (the old helix), or helix2 (the new mike-compatible helix). Your Mike LDAP passwords will work on helix2.
- Scheduled downtime coming -- We will perform a new HPL benchmark, increase disk space, upgrade the kernel, etc.
- Nemeaux has been upgraded to Tiger, and we have been testing it. However, there have been problems. It is possible that we will downgrade or install Yellow Dog linux.
- Project based accounting -- nothing new to report.
- Documentation improving. We have a new getting started guide. Maybe there are a few things in there you don't know even if you are not new?
Back to Users
Back to Users' Meetings